farms & orchards
Welcome to the farms and orchards of central jersey. We are not called the Garden State for nothing! You might be surprised to see the thousands of acres of preserved and productive central New Jersey farmland, many offering on-farm markets, u-pick opportunities, hayrides, and other family-friendly activities. Come out to Central Jersey and experience it for yourself!
Bobolink Dairy & Bakehouse
Creating wholesome food sustainably, while healing the earth, is the mission of Bobolink Dairy & Bakehouse. The farm offers 100% grass-fed raw cow milk cheeses, pastured meats, and rustic breads baked in a wood-fired oven. The farm has 60 mature cows, plus a new generation of Bobolink Grazers, the result of crossing modern dairy breeds with the ancient Kerry cattle of Ireland. Farm store open daily except Tuesdays. Tours Saturdays and Sundays; special events in summer.
Cherry Grove Farm
Cherry Grove Farm is a sustainable dairy farm and creamery on 480 acres in Lawrenceville, making award-winning farmstead cheeses from grass-fed raw cows’ milk. Cheeses are made in small batches and aged on the farm, with attention to the craft of artisanal cheesemaking. The farm also raises heritage breed pigs, lambs, chickens and beef cattle, producing grass- and whey-fed meats, raised without hormones, antibiotics or steroids. Farm Store open 7 days per week April through December.
English Farm dates back to the Revolutionary War when French and American troops camped in the English Farm fields on route to the final victory at Yorktown, VA. In a beautiful historic barn they offer vegetables, dairy products, meat and poultry, sauces, salsa, and much more! Visit the farm animals year around. Pumpkin picking is available for families in October!
Gorgeous Goat Creamery
Gorgeous Goat Creamery invites you to visit the farm and make friends with the goats. They are a small-scale commercial goat dairy, offering the freshest goat dairy products in the area. On the farm tour, you will learn how goats are milked and how to make delicious cheese in a family-friendly environment. Depending on the time of year, you may be able to “up close and personal” with baby kids or take adult goats on a hike. Check out the website to get the latest information and make a reservation before visiting.
Griggstown Farm Market
Griggstown Farm Market sells its famous “Griggstown chicken” and other farm products raised on the farm using all-natural methods The market sells seasonal fruit pies, pot pies, poultry sausages, quail eggs, and fresh seasonal soups. All products are prepared in a USDA kitchen at the Farm. Thanksgiving and holiday menus offered to complement the farm-raised turkeys sold during November & December. Visit the store 7 days per week or order by phone or online.
Hidden Spring Lavender & Alpaca Farm
Our lavender fields are planted with many varieties, producing bouquets, buds, oil and culinary products made with our own lavender plants and 100% pure lavender essential oil. Open weekends, the shop offers plush Buena Bears™, lotions, creams, moisturizers, hand soap, aromatherapy and bath and body items, sachets, neck pillows, lavender wreaths, dried Lavender, and much more. When you visit, say hello to the friendly alpacas, from which we make alpaca fiber products.
The Norz family started farming at the present location in 1920, with the fourth and fifth generations now working the land. Located just 35 miles southwest of New York City in Central Jersey, Norz-Hill Farm consists of 1,200 acres of corn, soybeans, alfalfa and timothy hay, rye, pumpkins, sweet corn, tomatoes and other vegetables. They also raise dairy replacement heifers, horses, sheep, goats, llamas and even “zonkeys”! They run a roadside produce market during the summer and fall, where they sell Jersey Fresh vegetables grown on the farm. During the fall they offer family activities such as pick you own pumpkins, hayrides, farm tours, a corn maze and a haunted trail.
Snyders Farm is located on a historic farm in the Middlebush section of Franklin Township, New Jersey. The farm has a busy U-Pick season for strawberries and blueberries in late May through late July, a roadside farm stand open in July through mid-September, and a wide variety of special events including goat yoga, U-Pick movie nights and Fall Festival weekends. Fall parties include: hay rides, tunnels and slides, wooden train, horse races, pumpkin bounce house, pedal carts, pumpkin bowling, corn crib, corn maze, sack and duck races, hoop toss, corn hole, football toss and more. We update our voicemail messages with crop availability or if we are closed due to weather.
Stangl Farmer’s Market
Visit the Stangl Factory Farmers Market, open all year round for an indoor farmers’ market featuring 30+ artisanal vendors, every Saturday from 9 am to 3 pm. Enjoy the Factory’s unique atmosphere while browsing locally-sourced vegetables, grass-fed meats, artisan bread and cheeses, pastured eggs, honey, specialty foods, breads, coffee, tea, and desserts. The Market has a fine selection of local crafts including pottery, fiber arts, turned wood, hand-spun yarn, tool sharpening, woodworking, jewelry, art and photography, holistic products, bath soaps featuring goat’s milk, lavender, and other locally sourced goods. Housed in the iconic former Stangl Pottery Factory, the Market is an active part of the community and visitor destination.
200-acre farm, family-owned and operated. The Mount Family, 10th generation of central New Jersey farmers, offer a family-friendly destination with animals to visit. They use sustainable methods to grow over 46 different crops—apples to zucchini and certified organic vegetable production. Pick-Your-Own available April–October with strawberry, blueberry, apple, peach, and pumpkin picking. Enjoy the fun of Terhune farm festivals and music series. Farm Store open every day except Christmas and New Year’s. Winery tasting room open Friday to Sunday, noon-5pm.
Sponsors and Places to Visit
Farms & Orchards
- 12 Farms Restaurant(Hightstown)
- Bobolink Dairy & Bakehouse (Milford)
- Cherry Grove Farm (Lawrenceville)
- English Farm (Liberty Corner)
- Gorgeous Goat Creamery (Stockton)
- Griggstown Farm market (Griggstown/Franklin)
- Hidden Spring Lavender & Alpaca Farm (Skillman)
- Norz-Hill Farm (Hillsborough)
- Snyder Farm (Franklin)
- Stangl Farmer’s Market (Flemington)
- Terhune Orchards (Lawrenceville)
- Abraham Staats House (South Bound Brook)
- Black River & Western Railroad (Ringoes)
- East Jersey Old Towne Village (Piscataway)
- Griggstown Bridge Tender’s House (Princeton)
- Howell Living History Farm (Hopewell Township)
- Princeton Battlefield State Park (Princeton)
- Historical Society of Princeton (Princeton)
- Morven Museum & Garden (Princeton)
- Old Barracks Museum (Trenton)
- Prallsville Mills (Stockton)
- Rockingham Historic Site (Kingston)
- Red Mill Museum Village (Clinton)
- Stoutsburg Sourland African American Museum (Skillman)
- Wallace House & Old Dutch Parsonage (Somerville)
- Washington Crossing State Park (Titusville)
- William Trent House (Trenton)
Hiking, Biking, Kayaking
- The D&R Canal Tow Path
- D&R Greenway Land Trust (Princeton)
- Duke Farms (Hillsborough Township)
- Fairview Farm/Raritan Headwaters (Bedminster)
- Leonard J. Buck Gardens (Far Hills)
- Mercer Meadows (Lawrence Township)
- Natirar Park (Gladstone)
- Six-Mile Run Mountain Biking Trails (Somerset)
- Sourland Mountain Preserve (Hillsborough Township)
- The Watershed Institute (Pennington)
- Ashton Brewing (Middlesex)
- Bellemara Distillery (Hillsborough)
- Cyclone Brewing (Somerset)
- Descendants Brewing (Milford)
- Flounder Brewing (Somerset)
- Lone Eagle Brewing (Flemington)
- Harvest Moon Brewery (New Brunswick)
- Hopewell Valley Vineyards (Pennington)
- Old Hights Brewing (Hightstown)
- Old York Cellars (Ringoes)
- Skunktown Distillery (Flemington)
- Sourland Spirits (Hopewell)
- Sunken Silo Brewery (Lebanon)
- Triumph Brewing Company (Princeton)
- Terhune Orchards & Winery (Lawrenceville)
- Unionville Winery (East Amwell)