farms & orchards
Welcome to the farms and orchards of central jersey. We are not called the Garden State for nothing! You might be surprised to see the thousands of acres of preserved and productive central New Jersey farmland, many offering on-farm markets, u-pick opportunities, hayrides, and other family-friendly activities. Come out to Central Jersey and experience it for yourself!
Bobolink Dairy & Bakehouse
Creating wholesome food sustainably, while healing the earth, is the mission of Bobolink Dairy & Bakehouse. The farm offers 100% grass-fed raw cow milk cheeses, pastured meats, and rustic breads baked in a wood-fired oven. The farm has 60 mature cows, plus a new generation of Bobolink Grazers, the result of crossing modern dairy breeds with the ancient Kerry cattle of Ireland. Farm store open daily except Tuesdays. Tours Saturdays and Sundays; special events in summer.
Cherry Grove Farm
Cherry Grove Farm is a sustainable dairy farm and creamery on 480 acres in Lawrenceville, making award-winning farmstead cheeses from grass-fed raw cows’ milk. Cheeses are made in small batches and aged on the farm, with attention to the craft of artisanal cheesemaking. The farm also raises heritage breed pigs, lambs, chickens and beef cattle, producing grass- and whey-fed meats, raised without hormones, antibiotics or steroids. Farm Store open 7 days per week April through December.
Griggstown Farm Market
Griggstown Farm Market sells its famous “Griggstown chicken” and other farm products raised on the farm using all-natural methods The market sells seasonal fruit pies, pot pies, poultry sausages, quail eggs, and fresh seasonal soups. All products are prepared in a USDA kitchen at the Farm. Thanksgiving and holiday menus offered to complement the farm-raised turkeys sold during November & December. Visit the store 7 days per week or order by phone or online.
Halo Farm & Halo Pubs
Started in 1974, Halo Farm brought a novel concept to life – a retail dairy store. Today, we are the world’s largest micro-dairy and process our own BST hormone-free milk on site. We use our milk and cream to craft 48 flavors of super premium ice cream with few ingredients and no preservatives or stabilizers. Visit our dairy in Lawrenceville or at our scoop shops called Halo Pub in Princeton and Hamilton. They appreciate their loyal customers and are proud to have been part of the community for over 40 years.
Hidden Spring Lavender Farm & Shoppe
Our lavender fields are planted with many varieties, producing bouquets, buds, oil and culinary products made with our own lavender plants and 100% pure lavender essential oil. Open weekends, the shop offers plush Buena Bears™, lotions, creams, moisturizers, hand soap, aromatherapy and bath and body items, sachets, neck pillows, lavender wreaths, dried Lavender, and much more. When you visit, say hello to the friendly alpacas, from which we make alpaca fiber products.
Hillsboro Farm Country Market
Sits on a farm created in 1867 by Peter Van Nuys, and the 6th, 7th, and 8th generations continue to operate it today. Hillsboro Farm continues the Van Nuys family tradition of “changing with the times” and now focuses on providing the community with farm fresh produce and baked goods April through December. Hillsboro Farm also features pumpkin picking in October, and cut Christmas trees in December. Delicious pies, preserves, and fresh cut flowers.
Snyders Farm is located on a historic farm in the Middlebush section of Franklin Township, New Jersey. The farm has a busy U-Pick season for strawberries and blueberries in late May through late July, a roadside farm stand open in July through mid-September, and a wide variety of special events including goat yoga, U-Pick movie nights and Fall Festival weekends. Fall parties include: hay rides, tunnels and slides, wooden train, horse races, pumpkin bounce house, pedal carts, pumpkin bowling, corn crib, corn maze, sack and duck races, hoop toss, corn hole, football toss and more.
Suydam Farms is owned and operated by 12th generation of the Suydam family that started farming in Franklin, New Jersey in 1713. Located in a big greenhouse, the farm store is open on Saturdays and Sundays from 8 AM to 5 PM, April to Christmas, offering in-season fruits and vegetables, including blackberries, cantaloupes, vine ripened eggplants, okra, summer squash, tomatoes, zucchini, sweet and hot peppers, onions, cucumbers, sweet corn and sunflowers. Also, eggs, pork, and beef. Come see the chickens and talk to the goats.
200-acre farm, family-owned and operated. The Mount Family, 10th generation of central New Jersey farmers, offer a family-friendly destination with animals to visit. They use sustainable methods to grow over 46 different crops—apples to zucchini and certified organic vegetable production. Pick-Your-Own available April–October with strawberry, blueberry, apple, peach, and pumpkin picking. Enjoy the fun of Terhune farm festivals and music series. Farm Store open every day except Christmas and New Year’s. Winery tasting room open Friday to Sunday, noon-5pm.
Sponsors and Places to Visit
Farms & Orchards
- Bobolink Dairy & Bakehouse (Milford)
- Cherry Grove Farm (Lawrenceville)
- Griggstown Farm market (Griggstown/Franklin)
- Halo Farm & Halo Pubs (Princeton/Hamilton)
- Hidden Spring Lavender Farm & Shoppe (Skillman)
- Hillsboro Farm Country Market (Hillsborough)
- Snyder Farm (Franklin)
- Suydam Farms (Franklin)
- Terhune Orchards (Lawrenceville)
- Abraham Staats House (South Bound Brook)
- East Jersey Old Towne Village (Piscataway)
- Griggstown Bridge Tender’s House (Princeton)
- Howell Living History Farm (Hopewell Township)
- Princeton Battlefield State Park (Princeton)
- Historical Society of Princeton (Princeton)
- Morven Museum & Garden (Princeton)
- Old Barracks Museum (Trenton)
- Prallsville Mills (Stockton)
- Rockingham Historic Site (Kingston)
- Red Mill Museum Village (Clinton)
- Wallace House & Old Dutch Parsonage (Somerville)
- Washington Crossing State Park (Titusville)
- William Trent House (Trenton)
Hiking, Biking, Kayaking
- The D&R Canal Tow Path
- Duke Farms (Hillsborough Township)
- Griggstown Canoe/Kayak Rentals (Princeton)
- Leonard J. Buck Gardens (Far Hills)
- Mercer Meadows (Lawrence Township)
- Natirar Park (Gladstone)
- Princeton Canoe/Kayak Rentals (Princeton)
- Six-Mile Run Mountain Biking Trails (Somerset)
- Sourland Mountain Preserve (Hillsborough Township)
- The Watershed Institute (Pennington)
- Harvest Moon Brewery (New Brunswick)
- Hopewell Valley Vineyards (Pennington)
- Ironbound Hard Cider & Farm (Asbury)
- Old York Cellars (Ringoes)
- River Horse Brewing (Ewing)
- Sourland Spirits (Hopewell)
- Triumph Brewing Company (Princeton)
- Terhune Orchards & Winery (Lawrenceville)
- Unionville Winery (East Amwell)
- Working Dog Winery (Robbinsville)