Central jersey is a farm-to-table mecca! The rich agricultural tradition and the discerning palates of central NJ are the perfect recipe for amazing farm-to-table dining experiences. We’ve got everything from fine European and American-style dining to burgers and ice cream made from local beef and dairy cows. Thrill your palate with healthy, locally grown meals!
Brick Farm Market
Brick Farm Market is a market and eatery created as the dedicated outlet for nearby Double Brook Farm. Stop in for a casual breakfast or lunch at long family-style tables. You’ll enjoy the coffee bar, juice bar, bakery, and prepared food case. Shop at the butcher, charcuterie, or cheese counter; take home local produce and artisanal packaged foods. The market enables farmers to interact with their customers and share with them how the food they are buying is grown, raised or made.
Brick Farm Tavern
Brick Farm Tavern creates pasture-to-table dining in a way few have experienced before. Whether you’re coming for cocktails or a special dinner, you will appreciate the importance they place on the local farming and artisan community. On-premises Troon Brewing and Sourland Mountain Spirits round out the experience. With the restaurant perfectly positioned in the center of Double Brook Farm’s 800 disparate acres, Brick Farm Tavern is one of the county’s truest farm-to-table experiences.
“Eat Local, Drink Global,” is their philosophy, drawing from local farmers, fishermen, grass fed beef and poultry producers and three season harvests from nearby Eno Terra Canal Farm. An enhanced Enoteca style menu complements the farm-to-table, multi-course format. The menu is Italian in sensibility, while the wine list focuses on Italy and the US. Eno Terra is steeped in history, located on the oldest highway in America, King’s Highway. The restaurant is in a historic general store dating back to the 1860s.
Farm Cooking School
Situated on Gravity Hill with Roots to River Organic Farm, The Farm Cooking School is led by Gourmet magazine alumni Ian Knauer and Shelley Wiseman. Enjoy wood-fired pizza and gourmet offerings at a year-round farmers market. Register for world-class cooking classes, culinary and agritourism vacations, special farm-to-table dinners. Named “one of the top cooking schools in the world” by Food & Wine, the school is a second home to culinary influencers Ruth Reichl, Fabrizia Lanza, Maricel Presilla, and Miriam Flores.
Jammin’ Crepes’ mission is to serve and preserve the very best of the local harvest throughout the seasons. They work directly with numerous local farmers and food artisans to provide customers with a variety of fun, combined with local & delicious flavors all year long. A menu with sweet and savory flavors, open for breakfast through lunch Tuesday and Wednesday, and through dinner Thursday through Saturday—Local jams and preserves.
Mediterra taps into the extraordinary cuisine of the nearly two dozen cultures surrounding the Mediterranean, with extra emphasis on Italian and Spanish. The menu pairs locally sourced ingredients with an ever-changing, but always superb, collection of fine and affordable wine. We are totally dedicated to making your every visit to Mediterra as satisfying as possible with what’s most important: your comfort, enjoyment and pleasure. Combine your visit to Mediterra with downtown shopping and culture.
Red Barn Milk Company
Red Barn Milk Company features ice cream made with Hun-Val Jersey Fresh single-source milk. They also whip up house made hamburgers, hot dogs, bratwurst and more—All made with pastured grass-fed beef and pastured pork from Double Brook Farm in Hopewell. A farm-to-table collective brand making its mark on Central Jersey. Look for vegetarian items as well. BYOB welcomed.
Teresa Caffé and pizzeria is named for the owners’ mother, born Teresa Azario in Bergamo, Italy. She taught her sons to find harmony between tradition and innovation. Just as she savors fresh flavors and natural ingredients that speak for themselves, so do does Teresa Caffé. Every detail—from the olive oil to the wine, from the basil to the artwork—is in keeping with her sensibility. Located in the fashionable Palmer Square shopping district.
Terra Momo Bread Company
A true old-world artisan bakery part of a restaurant group dedicated to fresh food and warm service. The bakery features breads, viennoiserie, specialty cakes and cookies that are made with local, natural and organic ingredients. Boulanger Denis Granarolo hails from Paris and has been perfecting the art of bread-making for 30 years. Rustic breads and baked goods all made by hand and baked fresh daily in our stone-hearth oven.
Sponsors and Places to Visit
Farms & Orchards
- Bobolink Dairy & Bakehouse (Milford)
- Cherry Grove Farm (Lawrenceville)
- Griggstown Farm market (Griggstown/Franklin)
- Halo Farm & Halo Pubs (Princeton/Hamilton)
- Hidden Spring Lavender Farm & Shoppe (Skillman)
- Hillsboro Farm Country Market (Hillsborough)
- Snyder Farm (Franklin)
- Suydam Farms (Franklin)
- Terhune Orchards (Lawrenceville)
- Abraham Staats House (South Bound Brook)
- East Jersey Old Towne Village (Piscataway)
- Griggstown Bridge Tender’s House (Princeton)
- Howell Living History Farm (Hopewell Township)
- Princeton Battlefield State Park (Princeton)
- Historical Society of Princeton (Princeton)
- Morven Museum & Garden (Princeton)
- Old Barracks Museum (Trenton)
- Prallsville Mills (Stockton)
- Rockingham Historic Site (Kingston)
- Red Mill Museum Village (Clinton)
- Wallace House & Old Dutch Parsonage (Somerville)
- Washington Crossing State Park (Titusville)
- William Trent House (Trenton)
Hiking, Biking, Kayaking
- The D&R Canal Tow Path
- Duke Farms (Hillsborough Township)
- Griggstown Canoe/Kayak Rentals (Princeton)
- Leonard J. Buck Gardens (Far Hills)
- Mercer Meadows (Lawrence Township)
- Natirar Park (Gladstone)
- Princeton Canoe/Kayak Rentals (Princeton)
- Six-Mile Run Mountain Biking Trails (Somerset)
- Sourland Mountain Preserve (Hillsborough Township)
- The Watershed Institute (Pennington)
- Harvest Moon Brewery (New Brunswick)
- Hopewell Valley Vineyards (Pennington)
- Ironbound Hard Cider & Farm (Asbury)
- Old York Cellars (Ringoes)
- River Horse Brewing (Ewing)
- Sourland Spirits (Hopewell)
- Triumph Brewing Company (Princeton)
- Terhune Orchards & Winery (Lawrenceville)
- Unionville Winery (East Amwell)
- Working Dog Winery (Robbinsville)