Central jersey is a farm-to-table mecca! The rich agricultural tradition and the discerning palates of central NJ are the perfect recipe for amazing farm-to-table dining experiences. We’ve got everything from fine European and American-style dining to burgers and ice cream made from local beef and dairy cows. Thrill your palate with healthy, locally grown meals!
12 Farms Restaurant
12 Farms Restaurant acquires the highest quality products including grass-fed and grass-finished beef, the freshest seafood, and local ingredients from local, family-run farms. They offer diverse and creative menus that cater to every palate including vegan, vegetarian and gluten free. They are open for a midday meal on Thursday through Sunday brunch.
Bread & Culture
Bread & Culture started with humble beginnings at farmers markets across New Jersey, and since then, their love for baking has only grown stronger. With a focus on local ingredients and their own sourdough culture, they have always sourced from nearby suppliers to support the community and bring the best tasting products to the table. Their passion for baking is only rivaled by a commitment to giving back and being an active part of the community.
Brick Farm Market
Brick Farm Market is a market and eatery created as the dedicated outlet for nearby Double Brook Farm. Stop in for a casual breakfast or lunch at long family-style tables. You’ll enjoy the coffee bar, juice bar, bakery, and prepared food case. Shop at the butcher, charcuterie, or cheese counter; take home local produce and artisanal packaged foods. The market enables farmers to interact with their customers and share with them how the food they are buying is grown, raised or made.
Brick Farm Tavern
Brick Farm Tavern creates pasture-to-table dining in a way few have experienced before. Whether you’re coming for cocktails or a special dinner, you will appreciate the importance they place on the local farming and artisan community. On-premises Troon Brewing and Sourland Mountain Spirits round out the experience. With the restaurant perfectly positioned in the center of Double Brook Farm’s 800 disparate acres, Brick Farm Tavern is one of the county’s truest farm-to-table experiences.
“Eat Local, Drink Global,” is their philosophy, drawing from local farmers, fishermen, grass fed beef and poultry producers and three season harvests from nearby Eno Terra Canal Farm. An enhanced Enoteca style menu complements the farm-to-table, multi-course format. The menu is Italian in sensibility, while the wine list focuses on Italy and the US. Eno Terra is steeped in history, located on the oldest highway in America, King’s Highway. The restaurant is in a historic general store dating back to the 1860s.
Matt’s Red Rooster
Matt’s Red Rooster Grill is a contemporary American BYOB recently selected by Open Table as a “Best Overall” top ten restaurant, ranking it with New York’s most notable eateries. Chef and owner Matt McPherson has stayed true to his New Jersey roots, integrating the freshest local ingredients into unique dishes. He pays homage to a wood fired grill that brings out the best flavors of his dry aged steak, Cedar Plank Roasted Salmon, Griggstown Marinated Chicken, and wood fired Romaine Heart.
Mediterra taps into the extraordinary cuisine of the nearly two dozen cultures surrounding the Mediterranean, with extra emphasis on Italian and Spanish. The menu pairs locally sourced ingredients with an ever-changing, but always superb, collection of fine and affordable wine. We are totally dedicated to making your every visit to Mediterra as satisfying as possible with what’s most important: your comfort, enjoyment and pleasure. Combine your visit to Mediterra with downtown shopping and culture.
Over the years, the Sergeantsville Inn has seen numerous renovations, businesses, and owners, but its resilience and charm have never wavered. The Sergeantsville Inn has served many purposes – from a private residence to a grain and feed store – and has been host to countless people. The Inn changed hands in June of 2022 and new owners Daniel Brunina and Jes Taylor are thrilled to have taken the reins. Daniel, Jes, and the entire team at the Inn are firm believers in the importance of supporting the local food economy and serving high-quality, nutrient-rich, seasonal cuisine.
Teresa Caffé and pizzeria is named for the owners’ mother, born Teresa Azario in Bergamo, Italy. She taught her sons to find harmony between tradition and innovation. Just as she savors fresh flavors and natural ingredients that speak for themselves, so do does Teresa Caffé. Every detail—from the olive oil to the wine, from the basil to the artwork—is in keeping with her sensibility. Located in the fashionable Palmer Square shopping district.
Sponsors and Places to Visit
Farms & Orchards
- 12 Farms Restaurant(Hightstown)
- Bobolink Dairy & Bakehouse (Milford)
- Cherry Grove Farm (Lawrenceville)
- English Farm (Liberty Corner)
- Gorgeous Goat Creamery (Stockton)
- Griggstown Farm market (Griggstown/Franklin)
- Hidden Spring Lavender & Alpaca Farm (Skillman)
- Norz-Hill Farm (Hillsborough)
- Snyder Farm (Franklin)
- Stangl Farmer’s Market (Flemington)
- Terhune Orchards (Lawrenceville)
- Abraham Staats House (South Bound Brook)
- Black River & Western Railroad (Ringoes)
- East Jersey Old Towne Village (Piscataway)
- Griggstown Bridge Tender’s House (Princeton)
- Howell Living History Farm (Hopewell Township)
- Princeton Battlefield State Park (Princeton)
- Historical Society of Princeton (Princeton)
- Morven Museum & Garden (Princeton)
- Old Barracks Museum (Trenton)
- Prallsville Mills (Stockton)
- Rockingham Historic Site (Kingston)
- Red Mill Museum Village (Clinton)
- Stoutsburg Sourland African American Museum (Skillman)
- Wallace House & Old Dutch Parsonage (Somerville)
- Washington Crossing State Park (Titusville)
- William Trent House (Trenton)
Hiking, Biking, Kayaking
- The D&R Canal Tow Path
- D&R Greenway Land Trust (Princeton)
- Duke Farms (Hillsborough Township)
- Fairview Farm/Raritan Headwaters (Bedminster)
- Leonard J. Buck Gardens (Far Hills)
- Mercer Meadows (Lawrence Township)
- Natirar Park (Gladstone)
- Six-Mile Run Mountain Biking Trails (Somerset)
- Sourland Mountain Preserve (Hillsborough Township)
- The Watershed Institute (Pennington)
- Ashton Brewing (Middlesex)
- Bellemara Distillery (Hillsborough)
- Cyclone Brewing (Somerset)
- Descendants Brewing (Milford)
- Flounder Brewing (Somerset)
- Lone Eagle Brewing (Flemington)
- Harvest Moon Brewery (New Brunswick)
- Hopewell Valley Vineyards (Pennington)
- Old Hights Brewing (Hightstown)
- Old York Cellars (Ringoes)
- Skunktown Distillery (Flemington)
- Sourland Spirits (Hopewell)
- Sunken Silo Brewery (Lebanon)
- Triumph Brewing Company (Princeton)
- Terhune Orchards & Winery (Lawrenceville)
- Unionville Winery (East Amwell)