This holiday season express your values by giving gifts grown in the earth beneath your feet, on the farms of Central Jersey. Support local farmers, promote sustainability, and encourage healthy lifestyles by shopping small and local. You can also plan your holiday lunch or dinner at a farm-to-table restaurant to support local agriculture, or buy from a local beverage maker.
Many local farms are open throughout the holidays, selling everything from Christmas trees and wreathes, to gift boxes and baskets, meat and poultry, and other holiday season essentials. Enjoy the experience of visiting our farms, wineries, and cideries yourself or take advantage of the convenience of online orders and shipping.
On Farm & Online
Numerous farms and wineries welcome you to their on-premise stores, while also offering the option to order online for direct shipping to your or your loved one. They include:
- Bobolink Dairy & Bakehouse, an organic farm in Milford, NJ can ship its award-winning cheeses, gift baskets, and even bacon, sausage, and charcuterie, usually frozen and packed in dry ice, to any destination nationwide!
- Cherry Grove Farm, operating sustainably in Lawrence, NJ offers gift boxes of local organic cheeses and gift baskets of artisan foods available for online purchase and shipment.
- Hidden Spring Lavender Farm in Skillman, NJ is open weekends offers online shopping anytime with a wide variety of holiday gift options made with lavender, including plush animals, lotions, soaps, candles, and fragrances, plus products made from the wool of its adorable alpacas.
- Hopewell Valley Vineyards, and award-winning winery in Pennington, NJ has an online store with the ability to ship wines in New Jersey and to a limited number of other states. Hopewell Valley brings Old World wine making methods to New Jersey.
- Old York Cellars is ready for the holidays, with a winery in Ringoes, NJ plus retail locations in two central Jersey malls, as well as its online store. They now offer an answer to the young French Beaujolais with a 2019 “Beau Jersey Nouveau.”
- Terhune Orchards and Winery near Princeton, NJ offers an enormous variety of gift baskets and boxes, plus gift wine shipments to many locations. Their “Taste of Jersey” baskets include farm fresh apples, Terhune made fruit bread, cookies, shortbread cookies, New Jersey pasta, honey, organic popcorn, and locally made chocolates.
- Unionville Vineyards in Ringoes, NJ offer a beautiful tasting room on site, as well as mail order They have been named one of America’s top wineries by Food & Wine Magazine, and New Jersey’s top artisan beverage maker in 2018 by Edible Jersey.
Discover Central Jersey
The beauty and bounty of Central Jersey is finally getting the attention it deserves. Visit DiscoverCentralNJ.com to see all the farms, restaurants, arts, and historic places that make our corner of the world special. And share these stories with friends and family, by giving the gifts of Central Jersey this holiday season.