- Farm Gift Baskets from Terhune Orchards and Hidden Spring Lavender, offering gifts for purchase online or in their on-farm stores.
- Cheeses and more from Gorgeous Goat Creamery, Cherry Grove Farm, and Bobolink Dairy & Bakehouse, all available on-farm or online.
- Local Fine Wines from Unionville Vineyards, Old York Cellars, and Hopewell Valley Vineyards.
- Locally distilled spirits from Sourland Spirits, Skunktown Distillery, and Bellemara Distillery.
- Seasonal beers from Sunken Silo Brew Works, Old Hights Brewing, Lone Eagle Brewing, Harvest Moon Brewing, Flounder Brewing, and Ashton Brewing.
One of Central Jersey’s best-known towns is Princeton, a hub for farm-to-table fare, locally made ice cream, arts & crafts, unique gifts, and more. Princeton’s Palmer Square has an enormous Christmas tree lit every night during the holiday season. And this year, for the first time, you can give the gift of Princeton with an Experience Princeton gift card that can be redeemed at over 50 businesses, including salons and wellness centers, restaurants, and theaters. When you buy a gift card for at least $100 you get a bonus of $25 that’s good until March 24, 2024.
Another great shopping experience is available at the Stangl Farmer’s Market in Flemington, which is offering special holiday shopping on weekends in December. Flemington also offers many great gift and retail shops, and was recently featured as a holiday shopping destination in a local publication featuring several Discover Central NJ businesses including Unionville Vineyards, Matt’s Red Rooster, and Lone Eagle Brewing.
If you are looking for seasonally inspired events, Central Jersey has you covered. Consider a Holiday Lights Hayride at Norz-Hill Farm on weekend evenings through December 17. Or come to the Kringle Market at Flounder Brewing December 11 and 12 for 35 craft and food vendors plus Christmas trees and wreaths.
2023 has been a great year for Central Jersey! We finally received recognition as a center of agritourism, history, arts, and outdoor recreation. We’re also a great place to celebrate—and shop—for the December holidays!